Baby Potatoes Recipe
By Uma Abhyankar March 21, 2017
Baby potatoes are very cute looking small sized potatoes that have very thin skin. That's why they can be cooked faster and can be eaten with or without their skin. Also they are available in mainly three different colors - white, red, and purple. This recipe makes very attractive and cocktail baby potatoes that can be served as a spicy and tasty appetizer or snack.
- Baby potatoes - 10
- Oil - 1 & 1/2 tbsp
- Gram flour - 2 & 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - To taste
- Red chili powder - 1/4 tsp or to taste
- Cilantro/Coriander leaves - For garnishing
- Wash all the baby potatoes thoroughly and put them in boiling water.
- Allow them to cook in the boiling water for about 10 minutes.
- Now transfer them to a colander to drain all the water.
- Now allow them to stay in running cold water for a minute. This will help to remove their skins easily.
- Now peel off their skins.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the potatoes.
- Stir fry them till they become golden brownish from outside.
- Add the gram flour, salt, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, and black pepper powder.
- Mix well till all the potatoes become coated with the spices.
- Stir fry for another 2-3 minutes till they become darker brown in color and then turn off the heat.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.