Sweet Corn Soup Recipe
Sweet corn soup is a delightful soup that can be made with fresh or frozen corn kernels. It is a very quick and easy recipe. Hope you like it!
- Sweet corn kernels - 1/2 cup (fresh and soft boiled or frozen)
- Carrots - 1/4 cup cut into small cubes
- French beans - 1/4 cup cut into small pieces
- Butter - 1/2 tbsp
- Ginger paste or grated ginger - 1/ 2 tsp
- Salt - To taste
- Sugar - 3/4 tsp
- Crushed black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Celery or Coriander leaves or Spring onion (optional) - Finely chopped for garnishing
- From the total 1/2 cup of corn kernels, take 1/4 cup aside and crush them a little in a grinder.
- Heat butter in a pot and add the ginger.
- Saute for just a few seconds and then add the corn (crushed as well as uncrushed), carrots, and beans.
- Stir fry for a minute and then add 2 cups of water.
- Add salt, sugar, and black pepper, and bring to boil.
- Continue to boil on medium heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring intermittently.
- Turn off the gas and garnish (optional) with chopped coriander leaves, spring onion, or celery.
- Serve hot soup immediately.