Spring Onion Sabzi Recipe
Spring onion with a coating of 'besan' or gram flour is a very simple yet delicious preparation that can be served with any kind of Indian bread like fulka or roti. Because it makes a dry 'sabzi', it is best to pack for lunch or travel.
- Spring Onion - 2 cups chopped
- Oil - 4 tbsp
- Aasafoetida (Hing) - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Gram flour (besan) - 1 cup
- Salt - To taste
- Red chili powder - 1 tsp or to taste
- Sugar (optional) - 2 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and allow them to crackle.
- Add asafoetida, turmeric powder, and the chopped spring onion.
- Stir fry for a few seconds and then cover for about 5 minutes on low-medium heat, till the onion becomes soft and cooked.
- Add salt, sugar (optional), gram flour, and red chili powder, and mix.
- Cover again and let cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the gas.
- Serve with any kind of Indian bread.