- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: makes 8 vadas about 2 inch big
Poha Vada Recipe
Poha Vada is a delicious and very easy to make vada. It can be perpared in a short time with all easily available ingredients and turn out to be very tasty to enjoy as a tea time snack or as an accompaniment to any meal.
- Flattened rice flakes (poha) - 1/2 cup
- Gram flour - 2 tbsp
- Fresh grated coconut - 2 tbsp
- Ginger - 1 inch big piece, grated
- Green chilies - 2, crushed
- Onion - 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- Cilantro/Coriander leaves - a small bunch, finely chopped
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - To taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp to add to the batter and more for deep frying
- Transfer the rice flakes or poha to a colader and wash under running water.
- Keep aside so that all the water drains away.
- Transfer the soaked poha to a mixing bowl and add the gram flour, fresh grated coconut, grated ginger, crushed green chilies, chopped onion and cilantro leaves.
- Also add cumin seeds, salt and turmeric powder.
- Now heat 1 tbsp oil in a small pan and add to the batter.
- Mix everything nicely into a soft dough-like mixture.
- Divide into 2 inch big parts and shape into round slightly flattened balls.
- Deep fry in oil on medium heat till the vadas are golden brown in color.
- Remove on a paper towel and serve the delicious Poha Vadas with any chutney or ketchup.