Phodnichi Poli Recipe (Left-Over Chapati With Seasoning)
- Left-over Chapati Or Bread - 2-3 chapatis or 4-5 bread slices/pav
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Aasafoetida (Hing) - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Green chilies - 2-3 or by taste, cut vertically or into small pieces
- Curry Leaves - 5-6 leaves
- Raw peanuts - 2 tbsp
- Onion - 1 small, finely chopped
- Salt - By taste
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Lime / lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Sev (gram flour fritters, optional) - For garnishing
- Cilantro/Coriander leaves - Chopped, For garnishing
- Break the chapati or bread into big pieces by hand.
- Grind it into an evenly coarse crumble.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- When the mustard starts crackling, add asafoetida, and turmeric powder.
- Add curry leaves, green chilies and peanuts.
- Fry the peanuts for a minute on a medium flame turning continuously.
- Add the chopped onion and stir fry till the onion becomes slightly brownish.
- Add the crumbled chapati/bread and mix.
- Reduce flame to low and add salt, sugar and lemon/lime juice.
- Mix and continue to turn and cook for a minute or two on low flame.
- Then turn off the gas, garnish with some sev or chopped coriander or both.
- Serve this delicious seasoned chapati warm.