Spicy Aloo Gobhi Sabzi Recipe
Earlier I shared a simple recipe of this aloo-gobhi sabzi. It had minimum spices in it. But this sabzi is for all spice-lovers and has a wonderful combination of ingredients that bring a special flavor and aroma to it. Much like the restaurant-style taste but not oily at all!! Nothing can be better than home-made flavorful healthy food. Hope you enjoy the recipe!
- Cauliflower, big florets - 3 cups
- Potatoes - 2 big, cut into big cubes
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Kasoori Methi (Dried fenugreek leaves) - 2 tsp
- Onion - 1 small, chopped
- Garlic - 4 big cloves
- Ginger - 1 inch big piece
- Garam masala - 2 tsp
- Tomatoes - 2
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - By taste
- Red chili powder - By taste
- Grind the onion, ginger and garlic to make a fine paste.
- Also puree the tomatoes and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- Then add kasoori methi and the onion, ginger and garlic paste from step 1.
- Add garam masala and stir-fry till the gravy becomes darker in color.
- Now add the tomato puree from step 2.
- Add turmeric powder and red chili powder too.
- Stir-fry just for a few seconds and then add the potato cubes and cauliflower florets, and salt.
- Mix and cover to cook till the vegetables become cooked. Turn around intermittently.
- Turn off the gas when done.
- Serve this delicious sabzi with roti.