- Serving: Makes 8 ladoos
Moong Ladoo Recipe
When trying to make a healthy kind of ladoos, I decided to try these, made with green gram or whole moong. In the recipe I have replaced sugar with jaggery to make it better as a healthy snack. The recipe is very simple and easy to make. Hope you enjoy!
P.S. Instead of whole green gram you can also use green gram lentil or moong dal. That will make the ladoos nice yellow in color almost like besan ladoos.
Please note, although not well captured in the picture, the ladoos are green in color.
- Green gram or whole moong - 1/2 cup
- Grated Jaggery (gud) - 1/2 cup
- Clarified butter (Ghee) - 3 tbsp
- Cardamom powder - By your liking
- Peeled and sliced almonds/Pistachios/other sliced nuts of your choice - By your liking
- Dry roast the green gram for about 5 minutes and then allow it to cool down for 5-10 minutes.
- Grind the green gram to make a slightly coarse flour.
- Heat clarified butter in a pan and add the powdered green gram.
- Roast nicely on medium heat for about 10 minutes, turning continuously, till it starts slightly browning. (Do not roast too much as that will spoil the nice green color.)
- Allow the roasted flour to cool completely.
- Add the grated jaggery, caradmom powder and nuts and mix with a kneading action. Knead well so that the jaggery gets incorporated into the flour and the flour becomes soft.
- Roll into small round ladoos.
You might also like –