Tomato Chutney I Recipe
This tomato chutney is deliciously sweet, sour and spicy. This is a very nice accompaniment to any meal with rotis or parathas.
- Tomatoes - 4 medium sized
- Oil - 1 & 1 & 1/2 tbsp
- Cloves - 4
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Cinnamon stick - 1 inch big piece
- Red chili powder - To taste
- Sugar - 2 tsp
- Salt - To taste
- Take 4 medium size tomatoes. Cut them into small pieces.
- Heat 1 & 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan. Reduce the gas to low and then add 4 cloves, 1/4 Tsp black pepper, and 1 inch big piece of cinnamon.
- Stir for a few seconds and add red chili powder as per taste, and 2 Tsp sugar.
- Now quickly add all the tomato pieces before the sugar and the chili powder start getting brown. Mix well. Add salt to taste.
- Stir on a medium flame till all the tomato pieces become soft.
- Serve with any paratha or roti.