Carrot Chutney Recipe
This Carrot Chutney is very easy to make in just a few minutes. It gets an attractive color of the carrot and it can serve as a delicious accompaniment for roti, naan, any South Indian food or for snacks like Tomato Omelette and Adai.
- Carrot - 1 big size, cut into small cubes
- Sesame seeds - 1 tsp
- Dry grated coconut - 1 tsp
- Roasted peanut powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - By taste
- Dry Tamarind - About 1 inch big piece
- Red Chili Powder - By taste
- Jaggery (gud) - 1 & 1/2 tsp
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds (rai) - 1/2 tsp
- Aasafoetida (Hing) - 1/4 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Dried red chili - 1
- Curry Leaves - 4-5
- Mix the cut carrot, sesame seeds, dry grated coconut, roasted peanut powder, tamarind, jaggery, salt and red chili powder and grind everything together to make a fine paste. Add water as needed to get a fine paste.
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds splutter, add asafoetida, fenugreek seeds, dried red chili and curry leaves.
- Stir fry just for a few seconds till the curry leaves stop spluttering and turn off the gas.
- Allow this seasoning to cool a bit and then add to the paste in step 1.
- Enjoy this delicious chutney with roti, naan, any South Indian food or with snacks like Tomato Omelette and Adai.
Hope you enjoy this chutney! Other Chutneys that you might like :