Instant Sweet Chutney Recipe
We all know the Sweet Tamarind Chutney that is extensively used as a topping for so many 'Chaat' recipes. This multipurpose chutney can be prepared in an alternate way that completely eliminates the use of tamarind. The taste and the appearance are so similar that you wouldn't know if it's made with tamarind or without it!
- Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) - 1/4 cup
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder - By taste
- Salt - By taste
- Garam masala or Chaat masala or Dry ginger powder (Sonth powder) - 1 tsp
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Add about 1/2 a cup of water and use a blender to blend into a smooth paste.
- Add 1/2-1 cup of more water and bring to boil on a stove, stirring intermittently.
- Continue to stir and boil until the chutney is thick to the desired consistency, just like the traditional Sweet Tamarind Chutney. (Remember that it will get thicker after cooling.)
- Allow it to cool completely before storing it in the refrigerator for later use.