Guar Ki Sabzi Recipe (Gavarichi Bhaji)
Guar beans are known for their nutrition as well as for their delicious and special taste. This Guar ki sabzi recipe adds some seasoned potato to this uniquely flavored beans and make it extra yummy.
- Guar beans - 2 cups
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) - pinch
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Potato - 1
- Salt - To taste
- Red chili powder - To taste
- Goda/ Kala Masala - 2 tsp
- Jaggery (gud) - 1 tbsp
- Coarsely ground roasted peanuts* (optional) - 1 tbsp
- Remove the veins along the edges of all the Guar beans and break them into small pieces with hands.
- Take 2 cups Guar and wash thoroughly.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan and add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds. Once they crackle, add a pinch of asafoetida (hing), 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and 1 potato cut into small cubes. Stir fry for a minute and add the Guar beans.
- Add salt and red chili powder to taste. Add 2 tsp Goda/ Kala Masala, 1 tbsp jaggery, and 1/4 cup water. Mix well, cover and let cook for 5 minutes, on a medium flame.
- If you like, you can add 1 tbsp coarsely ground roasted peanuts* (optional).
- Add some more water if needed. Cover again and let the beans get completely cooked.
- Serve with roti/chapati.
*Roast peanuts in a pan till some black spots start appearing on the outside. Crush a little with hands to separate peels. Blow away the peels and grind the peanuts coarsely.