Stuffed jalapeno Recipe
Stuffed jalapeno is a very spicy preparation that is sure to pep up your meal. Serve it as a meal accompaniment or as a a side dish.
- Jalapenos - 5-6
- Gram flour (besan) - 1/2 cup
- Coriander powder - 1 & 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) - 1 & 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder - To taste
- Salt - To taste
- Oil - As needed
- Coarsely ground roasted peanut powder* - 2 tbsp
- Thoroughly wash 7-8 jalapenos and dry them with a paper towel. Slit all the jalapenos vertically to make space for the filling. Carefully carve out all the seeds inside and discard.
- For the filling, mix besan (gram flour) with coriander powder, cumin powder, amchur (dry mango powder), red chili powder (remember that jalapenos are already spicy, so add accordingly) and salt to taste. Tightly stuff the jalapenos with this filling.
- In a pan, heat 2 tbsp oil and add 3-4 jalapenos. Stir gently till the oil gets evenly coated on the surface of all the jalapenos. Fry for a minute and then reduce the flame from low.
- Cover and let cook. Stir occasionally after every 2-3 minutes and let cook till all the jalapenos are soft.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp coarsely ground roasted peanut powder* and cook covered for 2 more minutes.
- Now carefully remove in a plate leaving the extra oil in the pan. Add more oil (as needed) to the pan and repeat for the remaining jalapenos.
- Serve hot with chapati/roti.
*Roast peanuts in a pan till some black spots start appearing on the outside. Crush a little with hands to separate peels. Blow away the peels and grind the peanuts coarsely.