Stir Fry Potato Recipe (Batatyachi Bhaji)
This Stir Fry Potato recipe makes a favorite lunch to pack with roti or chapati. It makes a yummy, enjoyable and filling meal for travel.
- Potatoes - Two
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida (hing) - pinch
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Green chilies - 2 small
- Onion - 1 small vertically cut
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - To taste
- Peel and wash two potatoes. Cut each into 1/4th. Chop each 1/4th part horizontally into evenly thin slices.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan and add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds, a pinch of asafoetida (hing), 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 2 small green chilies cut into 1/2 cm pieces, and 1 vertically cut small onion. Stir fry till the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the potato slices and mix well. On a low to medium flame, stir fry till the potatoes are 50% cooked. Do not forget to turn occasionally. Add 1/2 tsp sugar, and salt to taste. You can also choose to add red chili powder instead of green chilies (in step 2). In that case add the chili powder to taste, now.
- Stir fry again till the potatoes are completely cooked.
- Serve with roti/chapati.