Stuffed Capsicum Recipe
Stuffed Capsicum or Stuffed Green Pepper is a very attractive looking recipe that's yummy to taste and not very hard to make. Green Pepper has its own nutritious benefits and the all time favorite potato makes it delicious to taste.
- Capsicums (Green peppers) - 3 medium sized
- Potatoes - 4 Medium sized
- Oil - As needed
- Asafoetida (Hing) - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Ginger paste - 2 tsp
- Garlic paste - 2 tsp
- Green chilies - 3/4 tsp crushed or to taste
- Onion - 1 finely chopped
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) - 3/4 tsp
- Salt - To taste
- Chaat masala (optional) - To sprinkle on top
- Take 2 small size capsicums (green peppers) and wash them. With a knife, cut along the edges of the stems. Do not discard the stems. They should stay on top and open and close like a lid. Gently reach through the top opening and scrape out all the seeds. If the capsicums are big in size cut horizontally into halves and then scrape out all the seeds.
- Boil, and peel 3 medium size potatoes and break them into small pieces with fingers, as shown in the picture below. Do not mash them completely.
- In a pan, heat 3 tsp oil, and add asfoetida (hing), turmeric powder, ginger paste, garlic paste, crushed green chilies, and chopped onion.
- Mix well and then add garam masala.
- Stir fry on a medium flame till the onion becomes translucent.
- Add all the potatoes.
- Mix and add salt to taste.
- Mix again and turn off the gas after a minute.
- Keep aside this stuffing to cool.
- After the filling has cooled a little, stuff the capsicums with the filling, leaving a little space at the top for the stem-lid.
- Close with the stem-lid. For big capsicums, fill each half to the top.
- To a flat bottom pan, add enough oil to cover the surface, and turn the heat on.
- Place the stuffed capsicums and cook on a low-medium flame, turning them in every direction after every 2-3 minutes, till they get brown spots all over.
- Once all the capsicums are browned on all sides, turn off the heat, and remove them in a plate.
- Sprinkle with some 'chaat masala', if you like.
- Serve hot with roti/chapati. If you are preparing in advance, do not forget to warm them up in an oven or a microwave before serving.