Instant Rava Dosa recipe
Instant Rawa Dosa is a really quick and easy recipe for Rawa Dosa. It can be eaten with any chutney like coriander chutney or peanut chutney. It is usually accompanied with sambhar and potato onion masala (as prepared for masala dosa).
- Semolina (Rawa/ Sooji) - 1 cup
- Rice flour - 1 cup
- All purpose flour (Maida) - 1/4 cup
- Cumin Seeds - 2 tsp
- Ginger - 1 tbsp grated
- Crushed black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - To taste
- Green chilies - As per taste
- Onion - 1
- Oil - As needed
- Mix the semolina, rice flour and all purpose flour together.
- Add 2 tsp cumin seeds, 1 tbsp grated ginger, 1/4 tsp crushed black pepper, green chilies, as per taste, cut into small pieces, and salt to taste.
- Slowly add water to prepare the batter. Stir and keep mixing with hand and add enough water to bring it to a thin consistency just like butter milk.
- Finely chop the onion and keep aside.
- Heat a flat griddle and keep on medium heat. Spread 1/4 tsp oil and sprinkle chopped onion all over the surface of the griddle. Mix the batter well and spread it on the griddle in a single thin layer.
- Add 1/2 tsp oil along the edge and 1/2 tsp oil on the surface of the dosa.
- Let cook till it turns golden brown on the lower surface. Carefully remove with a spatula.
- Serve hot with coriander chutney, coconut chutney, or peanut chutney, sambhar and some potato onion masala (as prepared for masala dosa) on the side.