Pineapple Halwa Recipe or Pineapple Kesari Recipe
Pineapple halwa, also known as Pineapple Kesari, is a fine dessert with some sweet and tangy flavor. It is extremely easy to make with fresh or canned pineapple cubes or slices.
- Pineapple cubes or slices - enough to make 1 cup pulp
- Clarified butter (Ghee) - 1/4 cup
- Semolina (Rawa/ Sooji) - 1 cup
- Saffron - 1/4 tsp
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Grind the pineapple cubes or slices into a coarse pulp, using a grinder. Leave a few tid-bits.
- Use 1 cup pulp and mix it with 1 cup water in a pot.
- Add saffron and keep the pulp-water mixture on low heat. Bring to boil stirring occasionally.
- While it is coming to boil, heat 1/4 cup clarified butter (ghee) in a pan and add 1 cup semolina to it.
- Stir fry for about 5 minutes till it starts turning slightly pinkish.
- Reduce heat to low and add the pulp-water mixture.
- Mix well, keeping no lumps.
- Cover to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup sugar and mix again. Cover to cook for another 2 minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Serve hot.