Rava Cake Recipe / Semolina cake Recipe
Rava cake or Semolina cake is a very simple and easy-to-make cake that can be enjoyed as a snack at any time of the day or as a dessert. The steps are very simple and the taste is amazing. Hope you enjoy making this wonderful recipe at home.
- Plain yogurt (dahi) - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Fine semolina / rava / sooji - 3/4 cup
- Salt - A pinch
- Butter - 1/4 cup melted
- Orange food color - A pinch or a drop
- Tutti frutti / Raisins - 15-20
- Vanilla essence - 1/4 tsp
- Sodium bicarbonate - 1/4 tsp
- Mix the yogurt and sugar in a mixing bowl till the sugar dissolves.
- Add all the other ingredients (milk, rava, salt, tutti frutti or raisins, melted butter, food color, vanilla essence, and sodium bicarbonate).
- Mix well and then cover to keep aside for about an hour.
- After 1 hour, preheat oven to 350 degrees and keep ready for baking.
- Pour the mixture into an oven-safe bowl that has been lightly greased with some butter.
- Now bake in the pre-heated oven for about 30-35 minutes.
- Check by inserting a tooth pick in the center of the cake. If it turns out clean, then remove from the oven, but if wet batter sticks to it, then bake for few more minutes.
- Remove from the oven after it has been completely baked.
- Allow to cool completely and then flip over to release the cake.
- Cut into any shape you like and enjoy!