Simple Healthy Aloo-Gobhi Recipe
This Aloo Gobhi recipe is very simple and mildly spiced. It is very quick, easy, and homely, everyday recipe.
- Cauliflower florets - 2 cups
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) - a pinch of
- Green chilies - 2 Finely chopped or crushed
- Salt - To taste
- Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
- Sugar (optional) - 1 tsp
- Cilantro/Coriander - A bunch finely chopped
- Potato - 1, cut into cubes
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4-1/2 tsp
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan and add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds. After they crackle, add a pinch of asafoetida (hing), and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder.
- Add the potato cubes, turn and cover to cook till the potatoes are half done.
- Now add the cauliflower florets. Mix and add green chilies, salt, sugar (optional), coriander powder, and cumin powder.
- Mix and cover to cook till the potatoes and the cauliflower are completely cooked. Do not forget to turn a couple of times in between.
- Turn off the gas and garnish with finely chopped coriander
- Serve this simple and healthy Aloo Gobhi with roti/chapati.