- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Spring Dosa Recipe
Spring dosa is a dosa with a healthy filling of all spring time vegetables. You can make small size spring dosas and serve as an appetizer.
- Dosa batter - About 1 cup
- Potato Onion masala - 1/2-1 cup
- Carrots - 1/4 cup grated
- Green pepper - 1/4 cup finely chopped
- Cauliflower - finely shredded
- Spring onions - 1/4 cup finely chopped
- Oil - As required
- Sambhar Masala - 1 tsp
- Salt - To taste
For filling :
- Prepare the potato onion masala using 2 small sized potatoes and 1/2 onion as given at the link.
- Heat 2-3 tsp oil in a pan and add the carrots, green pepper, cauliflower and spring onion.
- Mix and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 tsp sambhar masala and salt to taste.
- Add the potato onion masala and mix well.
- Stir fry for a minute and then turn off the gas.
For dosa :
- Prepare the dosa batter.
- Heat a griddle and keep on medium heat.
- Add about 3 tbsp of the dosa batter in the center of the griddle, and spread with the back if a spoon into a thin circle.
- Add 1 tsp oil along the edges and in the center. Wait till the dosa starts turning brown on the lower side.
- Now add about 3-4 tbsp of the filling along a diameter of the circle and then fold the dosa snugly on both sides to cover the filling. Cut into half.
- Serve hot with chutney and sambhar.