Vegetable Jalfrezi Recipe
Vegetable jalfrezi is a mixed vegetable curry that can be eaten with rice or with tandoori roti or phulka. You can add, remove or replace any veggies of your choice and make it more or less spicy to suit your taste. I think, it is the best way to use up any leftover veggies! 🙂
- Cauliflower - 1 cup florets
- Green pepper (Capsicum) - 1 cup
- Carrots - 1 slit vertically and cut into long slices
- String Beans - 1 cup long-cut
- Potato - 1 cut into big cubes
- For Gravy
- Onion - 1
- Tomatoes - 2
- Garlic cloves - 4-5 cloves or 1 tbsp garlic paste
- Ginger - 2
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Garam Masala - 1&1/2 tbsp
- Red chili powder - To taste
- Lime / lemon juice - 2 tbsp
- Cilantro/Coriander leaves - A small bunch finely chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, 1 cup green pepper (capsicum) cut into big squares), 1 carrot slit vertically and cut into long slices, 1 cup long-cut string beans, and 1 potato cut into big cubes.
- Finely grind 1 onion, 2 tomatoes, 4-5 garlic cloves (or 1 tbsp garlic paste), and 2" ginger, together, to make the gravy.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan and add the gravy. Stir and add 1&1/2 tbsp garam masala. Add red chili powder to taste. Fry till the gravy turns brownish and oil separates from it on all sides.
- Add cut carrot, potato, string beans, and 1/2 cup water. Cover and let cook till half done.
- Now add the rest of the vegetables and 1/4th cup water. Cover and let cook fully. Do not overcook the vegetables.
- Add 2 tbsp lemon juice, mix gently, and turn off the gas.
- Garnish some finely chopped coriander and serve hot Jalfrezi with chapati/ roti.